12 types of US work visas

H-1B: Specialty occupation visa. L-1: Intra-company transfer visa. O-1: Extraordinary ability visa. J-1: Exchange visitor visa. H-2A: Temporary ag worker visa. H-2B: Temporary non-ag worker visa. R-1: Religious worker visa. EB-1: Extraordinary ability, outstanding professors/researchers, multinational managers/execs. EB-2: Advanced degree/exceptional ability visa. EB-3: Skilled worker/professional visa. EB-4: Special immigrant visa. EB-5: Investor visa.

Can I work with a J1 visa?

A J-1 visa is a type of exchange visitor visa that allows individuals to participate in exchange programs in the United States for a specific period of time. The J-1 visa does allow for individuals to work while in the United States, but there are certain conditions and restrictions that must be met. The specific …