To apply for a student visa to study in the United States, Indian students will need to provide the following documentation:
- A valid passport
- A Form I-20, which is issued by the school the student has been accepted to
- A SEVIS fee payment receipt
- A completed Form DS-160, which is the online visa application form
- A 2×2 inch photograph taken within the last six months
- Proof of financial support, such as bank statements or a scholarship letter
- Proof of academic qualifications, such as transcripts and diplomas
- Proof of ties to India, such as a letter from an employer or property ownership documents
It’s also important to note that you will also be required to attend an in-person interview at the US Embassy or Consulate in India and may be required to provide additional documents as well.
It’s important to check with the Embassy or Consulate where you will be applying for the most up-to-date information, as visa requirements can change without notice.